Can you believe it’s December already!? With the weather heating up (here in Australia at least) and Christmas BBQs and parties coming at us from left right and centre, here at FODMAP we thought you might appreciate having a quick and easy recipe for a dish you can bring when you’re asked to ‘bring a plate!’
Here we have a roast vegetable and quinoa salad. Originally from taste.com – we have altered it slightly so all low FODMAPpers can enjoy worry free!
Roast vegetable and quinoa salad – Recipe adapted from taste.com
- 300g eggplant, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 bunch Dutch carrots, trimmed, peeled
- 1 large red capsicum, deseeded, thickly sliced
- 1 Large Zucchini, sliced
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons FreeFOD garlic replacer
- 200g (1 cup) quinoa, rinsed
- 315ml (1 1/4 cup) water
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup fresh continental parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 200⁰C /180⁰C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Arrange vegetables on trays in 1 layer. Spray well with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and garlic replacer. Season with pepper. Roast, turning once, for 35 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Place the quinoa and water in a saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-12 minutes or until tender and liquid has absorbed. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well. Cool.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, lemon juice and mustard. Season with pepper.
- Combine the veggies, wheat, quinoa and parsley in bowl. Drizzle with dressing. Toss to combine.
- Watch your guests enjoy this delicious salad – whether they follow a low FODMAP diet or not!
Low FODMAP Roast Vegetable Salad for Christmas