Gluten Free & Vegetarian Options
PREP / COOK TIME 45 mins
- 1 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 2 tbsp plain extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sumac
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp za’atar (or sesame seeds)
- Chicken: 6-8 thighs or legs, visible fat removed
- Vegetarian: 1 cup canned chickpeas, strained and rinsed
- + 150g halloumi, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 170C, fan forced.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Add the chicken or chickpeas (or both) and coat with the seasoning. If time allows, this can be left to marinate for a few hours or overnight.
- Spread the whole mixture over a baking tray. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until the chicken is just cooked. If making vegetarian, add the sliced halloumi in the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with salad, potatoes or rice and a drizzle of tahini.
Low FODMAP Mediterranean Seasoning